Simpleng Pinoy Lang Si Jarold
Photobucket

Wednesday, September 2, 2009




When incumbent Senator Mar Roxas first appeared in an infomercial with the monicker Mr.Palengke, I knew right there and then that he would be my future Philippine President. There is too much charm and plausibility that exude from within him. And when he publicly declared that he will be running for the highest government position this 2010 election, I was truly glad and satisfied.

However, recollecting all the past, recent and current economic events, I'm beginning to rethink my position. In these times when economic disasters and uncertainties are stealthily plaguing randomly with political angst on the rise, we need a leader that is a combination of GMA's brilliance, Ramos' toughness and Cory Aquino's good heart. We simply cannot afford to creep into our country's downfall.

So there I have to consider Senator Manny Villar and Vice-President Noli de Castro. I have always believed that successful businessmen of huge corporations can run the country successfully. But then again, people say that politics is bad for business. So what can I do? But now we've got a Presidentiable who is imminently a successful business tycoon and politician at the same time. Now is the opportune time to prove my theory.

But wait! Is what I'm hearing in the news right? People wants Noynoy Aquino to run for President? Just because he is the son of former Senator Ninoy Aquino and President Cory Aquino? Wait! I really need to digest this information. Are these people sure about what they're saying and thinking? Come to think of it. What have Noynoy contributed to the Philippines that was truly beneficial to most, if not all, Filipinos? I'm not a follower of political issues; but if he really is good there must be something that I should have heard he'd done while he is sitting on one of those judicial seats.

Last night, however, I watched SNN in ABS-CBN, Kris Aquino and Boy Abunda's entertainment magazine show; and I've seen the interview of Noynoy Aquino when asked if he is indeed running for President. And you know what my reaction was? Whoa! Splendid! I've never heard any politician answered genuinely as he did. I can't quote Noynoy's word verbatim but his answer meant something like this, "I'm yet to decide whether I will be running running for President because I have to think of whether I can really do something good for the country. I don't want to say after my term ends that I did my best. When I become President and when I step out, I want to be able to say that these are what I've done."

Amazing, isn't it? That is what we call the spirit of LEADERSHIP. We think of how we can serve, not just lead. So there, my perplexity is now building up as the 2010 election is nearing, SO HELP ME GOD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online