Simpleng Pinoy Lang Si Jarold
Photobucket

Friday, September 25, 2009

Last night, as I reached the crossroads of Osmeña Boulevard adn the National Highway, after trailing down from Crown Regency Hotel, I saw a few number of people crossing the busy street even when the DO NOT WALK signal was imminently conspicuous and the vehicles were brooming left and right.

I couldn't help but think about the grave situation of our country. Just watching that scene made me realize that the root cause of the Philippine's problems is our stubborness -as well as our refusal to exercise self-discipline

Everyday as I walk along the road of Colon, I see pedestrian walking on the green light. And if there are any City Traffice Office Management (CITOM) officers dispersed on the streets, I never fail to see jaywalking violators being fined or worse altercating with the officers. I must admit, I used to be a violator of the rule and was fined twice. But I never let that happen again. Apart from the embarassment and waste of money, violation of the law strongly attracts accident and traffic problems.

I understand that many of us are either on a jiffy or simply too tired to stand in front of the rushing vehicles and wait for the WALK signal. However, traffic rules are there for a reason. If we only follow these traffic rules faithfully, there would be lesser traffic congestion, lesser street accidents, lesser traffic enforcers to be paid for and other people wouldn't have the guts to violate the rule if they see us exercising the discipline ourselves.

LIke the golden rule says Do not do unto others what you dont want others do to you. Similarly, what you don't do, others wouldn't do, too. Therefore, discipline must start from one's self not from others. Do one good thing faithfully and others will follow.


This blog is inspired by AKO MISMO movement. Register now and begin the big change!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online